Daily Experiences and Activities for Living (DEAL)
|32723||Daily Experiences and Activities for Living (DEAL)||$159.00|
A high-interest, low-level instructional program to help students develop practical, real-life skills.
Edward P. Doyle and Joyce K. Beam
- Age Range: Grades 7 through 12, with reading levels of 3.0-5.0
Activities in this six-workbook program teach students to become self-sufficient in solving everyday problems. Information is broad in scope, and assumes no prior knowledge.
The following skills are covered in DEAL:
- Information Sources — Library, telephone, directories, newspaper, TV and radio
- Consumer Buying — Coupons, buying a car, refunds, credit applications
- Housing — Moving, leases, renting versus owning, classified ads, utilities
- Working — Look for work, work permits, job applications, interviews
- Nutrition and Health — Planning menus, dieting, first aid
- Transportation — Schedules, maps, road signs, public transportation
The complete kit includes all six Workbooks and corresponding Teacher's Guides.