Language Processing Test 3: Elementary (LPT3)
|31725||Language Processing Test 3: Elementary (LPT-3:E)||$168.00|
|31725R||LPT-3:E Test Forms, Pk/20||$45.00|
Diagnoses language processing disorders in underachieving children
Gail J. Richard and Mary Anne Hanner
- Age Range: 5:0 through 11:11
- Time: 35 minutes
The LPT3 evaluates the ability to attach increasingly more meaning to information received, and then formulate an expressive response. The skills evaluated are discrete, and carefully controlled; beginning with simple tasks, and progressively increasing the language-processing demand placed on the student.
There are two pretests and six subtests. Each subtests build on the skills previously evaluated.
- Pretest 1: Labeling- Name pictures with a one-word response
- Pretest 2: Stating Functions- State a verb that describes the function of a specific noun
- Subtest A: Associations- Name an additional item typically associated with a specific noun
- Subtest B: Categorization- Name at least three items that belong to a specific category
- Subtest C: Similarities- Compare two items, and the characteristics that put them in the same category
- Subtest D: Differences- Contrast two items, and state the differences
- Subtest E: Multiple Meanings-State three definitions for each stimulus word
- Subtest F: Attributes- Spontaneously describe a specific noun
The LPT3 Kit includes 20 Test Forms and a Manual.