Peabody Model Vision Project for Blind Students (PVMP)
|33857||Peabody Model Vision Project||$170.00|
|33857F||PMVP Master Forms & Permission to Reproduce 50||$65.00|
|33856||Functional Vision Inventory (Forms not included)||$50.00|
|33856F||Functional Vision Inventory Reproducible Masters for 50||$65.00|
|33855||Assessment of Multi-Handicapped Visually-Impaired Children||$55.00|
Provides resources for the instructor of multi- handicapped, visually-impaired children and youth.
R. Harley, R. DuBose, S. Bourgeault and Beth Langley
The Peabody Model Vision Project is one of the most widely-recognized resources for providing an effective program for multi-handicapped, visually-impaired children. It consists of seven publications and associated forms, which may be reproduced.
- Readings in Orientation and Mobility for Severely and Profoundly Handicapped Children with Visual Impairment — Orientation/mobility techniques, adapted techniques, developing mobility in and out of the classroom.
- A Model Field Service Delivery System — The Public Day School Component of the Model Vision Project–Development of instructional services for severely multi-handicapped, visually-impaired students.
- Parent Involvement — Discusses the feelings and problems encountered by families; considerations for involving parents in the education of the child.
- Working with Parents of Visually-Impaired, Multi-Handicapped Infants in a Classroom Setting — Perceptions, perspectives and techniques of working with parents participating in an infant intervention program.
- A Guide to Developing a Classroom Curriculum for Visually- Impaired, Multi-Handicapped Infants — Samples the of specific strategies and materials used in curriculum planning and implementation.
- Assessment of Multi-Handicapped, Visually-Impaired Children — Formal and informal methods and assessments of cognitive, language, motor, socialization, prevocational and self-care development.
- Functional Vision Inventory — Development of, and specific procedures, materials and behaviors associated with, assessment of functional vision in multi-handicapped children. Suggests activities for developing visual efficiency.