Test of Adolescent and Adult Language- Fourth Edition (TOAL-4)
|32962||Test of Adolescent and Adult Language-4th Ed, Print (TOAL-4)||$245.00|
|32962C||TOAL-4 Kit with Software Scoring System||$321.00|
|32962R||TOAL-4 Record Booklets, Pk/25||$71.00|
|32962S||TOAL-4 Software Scoring System***DISCONTINUED||$0.00|
|32962W||TOAL-4 Written Language Forms, Pk/25||$96.00|
Culturally unbiased assessment of adolescents and adults with limited English language proficiency.
Donald D. Hammill, EdD; Virginia L. Brown, PhD; Stephen C. Larsen, EdD ; J. Lee Wiederholt, EdD
- Ages: 12:0 through 24:11
- Testing Time: 60 minutes
- Administration: Individual or group
The Test of Adolescent and Adult Language – Fourth Edition (TOAL-4) assesses written and spoken language abilities of those age adolescence through young adult. The TOAL-4 is sensitive to those with limited abilities in English and is relatively unbiased with respect to gender, race, and ethnicity.
TOAL-4 has 6 subtests:
- Word Opposites
- Word Derivations
- Spoken Analogies
- Word Similarities
- Sentence Combining
- Orthographic Usage
- TOAL-4 generates percentile ranks and scaled scores. Scaled scores are able to generate three composites: Spoken Language, Written Language, and General Language.
- Reflective of actual language use of adolescents and young adults
- Reduced number of subtests, still providing thorough information
- Representative of national population demographics
- Substantiated absence of cultural bias
- Studies showing the absence of gender and ethnic bias have been provided.
- Norms provided for various demographic factors
- Limited floor and ceiling effects